Nova Scotia Artist, Joy Laking, posts ramblings while she's travelling and painting in South America.

Friday, April 24, 2015

April 24, 2015 Word Picture

April 24, 2015  Word Picture

 

I open my new bedroom window,

Sit in my chair and

Soak in the late spring morning.

 

The light is flat.

The subtle colours

Compliment one another.

The far shore;

With it’s blue gray hills,

And a line of white snow

Above the purple alizarin cliffs.

 

The soft sky and bay

Are a foil for the Marsh.

My Marsh.

Now in old fall colours

Without the glow of autumn.

It lays like a flat warm blanket

Caring for the remains

Of an Acadian Dyke.

This harbinger of earlier times

Reminds me that I am the interloper.

 

In the foreground,

Above the flood plane of the Marsh,

There are conifers and bush.

There’s a snowy field,

Dotted with patchy little islands of sleeping grass

And bent dead weeds

Just waiting for rebirth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers