Nova Scotia Artist, Joy Laking, posts ramblings while she's travelling and painting in South America.

Friday, March 21, 2014

March 21, 2914, Ranakpur, India

Before departing Jodhpur, yesterday I stood in the street and did this little sketch.


After arriving back at our hotel, before leaving, this elephant was collecting money from tourists and then passing it up to his rider. 


On the way to Ranakpur from Jodhpur, I saw three older men on a motorcycle. They were all dressed in white and were wearing huge red turbons. I wasn't fast enough to get a photo, but I love the image, and so I have tried recreate it for you.


After we arrived in Ranakpur and had a cooling Kingfisher beer, we set off on a walk in the country side.  In these extremely dry hills, bordering a leopard reserve, we came across a lake made by a dam and so of course I had to do another little sketch.


We also found a cobra hole but no snake around.


This morning, I worked on my two word pictures, "the Stink of Shit" and "Simplicity" while trying to catch photos of parrots and monkeys.





Then we were off to the famous Jain temple of Ranakpur built in the 1400's. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers