Nova Scotia Artist, Joy Laking, posts ramblings while she's travelling and painting in South America.

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

March 29, 2023





                    On the way to the airport, back in February, I noticed the winter colour of the blueberry 
                        fields with some white pines behind.  I did a little sketch to remind me of this image
                             and this week, while playing around with skies, I decided to try it. There was                               
                           a second  sky experiment on the bottom of the sheet and I decided that instead of the                       blueberry field coming right into the foreground, I would change it into an inlet with reflections.  It felt
good to paint Nova Scotia again even though we are in Germany.




Another quartersheet watercolour inspire by the Uelzen Market.  This time the vegetable stall.




The roses aren't quite finished but they are getting there.

this is the sketch, that I did in the car on the way to the airport.

Tomorrow, we are off to Prague for a week.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers