Nova Scotia Artist, Joy Laking, posts ramblings while she's travelling and painting in South America.

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

March14, 2023

 Four more paintings worked on. I did another small painting of the tulips. This time they were a little bit opened.    By the time we return from Amsterdam in another week, they will all be open or dead.



The tiny still life was so appealing that I did half sheet, still life of the little plant and the salt shaker, and the large leafed parsley in the lovely shaped green wine bottle.  Finally we could eat the pear, the garlic, and the orange!  And I am planning to bring the wine bottle home for future still lifes.



I’ve almost finished the half sheet, night painting.  For some reason, I decided to try it on hot pressed paper instead of my usual cold pressed paper. I feel like I have been fighting the paper all the way through.  It is like painting on glass and the paint doesn’t stay put.



Yesterday at suppertime,  we had a beautiful sky.  Back to rain today.  This morning I decided to try to capture the gorgeous sky from last evening with the rooflines and tops of the town of Uelzen that we see out our window. 



Tomorrow, we are off by train to Holland to look at the art among other things. My new small pack is too small for a quarter sheet of paper so I will just take along a bunch of tiny watercolour pieces for sketches and tiny paintings. Hopefully we will have Facebook at our hotel  Amsterdam and I will transcribe some of these blog postings into Facebook postings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers