Nova Scotia Artist, Joy Laking, posts ramblings while she's travelling and painting in South America.

Saturday, March 4, 2023

March 4, 2023

 March 4, 2023


Yesterday, I decided to go outside painting.  I only lasted an hour.  It was just freezing.  I did get a drawing of Hunderwasser’s train station done.  Every time a train raced by, I just held on to my stuff!  I felt a bit nervous, going off painting by myself which annoyed me but at least I gave it a shot.  I took my “Oma” my light weight walker/ painting chair.  It definitely should have been tried before we came as I can’t easily reach the ground and all supplies have to be held as well as the painting between my knees. 





Today, I started painting it.



Today we walked to the market and I got vegetables, cheese, and more bread. (One of my high school friends suggested I make bread pudding out of all the stale bread, that I have accumulated as I paint it and it was a great idea and used up allot of it).  I also got some fresh rhubarb at the market. Jim had some bratwurst on a bun and was so happy.  It is hard for him to be married to a vegetarian but I keep telling him that if learned to cook, he could make whatever he liked.  


As soon as we got back home, I stewed the rhubarb with some honey and made a vegetable stew for supper.  Then I did a hand wash.  And then after a couple of hours of painting, Jim and I set off to a craft market that is happening today and tomorrow.  Unfortunately we never found the craft market, and I was getting exhausted and eventually we gave up.  We will try to find it tomorrow before, I use up all my energy of other things.


I also finished up the tiny painting I did of the night view out our living room window. I might try a bigger one, which would give me the chance to actually draw the cars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers