Nova Scotia Artist, Joy Laking, posts ramblings while she's travelling and painting in South America.

Sunday, March 17, 2019

March 16, 2019

March 16, 2019
Finally finished the quarter sheet painting of the two women cleaning fish out of the net ( you saw the sketches and the ladies the other day, they were thrilled);When karthi, our person at PL Villas saw me working on the little sketch of the cow and the man and the cart, she said that is my Grandfather. She was thrilled that I asked her if I could draw her. She had to go home and change first. When 

I was doing her sketch, she wanted to look beautiful. All I could think of was when I was sketching people in India and the old ( younger than me ) woman threw down her sketch. Then  her daughter who had loved her sketch, threw hers down. Then someone put a live baby chick down my shirt. It was then that I decided to leave. I got up, thanked everyone, and stepped out into thunder and lightning and the biggest rain you can imagine. Nine weeks with no rain and it chose that moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers