Nova Scotia Artist, Joy Laking, posts ramblings while she's travelling and painting in South America.

Friday, March 29, 2019

March 29, 2019

This morning, I gave a two hour art class to this gang of grade nines at a school in Kalpitya, Sri Lanka. They have a wonderful art teacher. What a difference it makes when kids have a an art teacher, who loves art and is trained in art!  Such should be the case everywhere. The man on the right is the school English teacher as well as the computer teacher. He was a terrific translator. Jim, as always, was my moral support and gofer. It would have been great to have known the age of the group as well as the length of the class before I arrived at the school, however when you are a volunteer you just have to wing it. I loved my time with them and I think the kids did too.  I invited everyone to Canada!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers