Nova Scotia Artist, Joy Laking, posts ramblings while she's travelling and painting in South America.

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

March 7, 2019

My wonderful ladies at the women’s co op in Mullaitivu. I visited them yesterday again before we caught the bus to Jafna.  The lady in white and red was our table cleaner and she was so pleased to be included in the pictures.

Bus riding is very cheap and great for people watching. However, the REALLY loud Bollywood music, out of six speakers is almost unbearable to my ears.  The female voices are high and shrill and slither and slide at full volume around notes that don’t exist in our musical scales. However, with any music, I have found that familiarization always helps me appreciate new music. One more bus ride, and I might enjoy it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers