Nova Scotia Artist, Joy Laking, posts ramblings while she's travelling and painting in South America.

Sunday, February 9, 2014

February 7, 2914 varkela, India



What a wonderful day today. Usually I am filled with have to dos and want to dos but today finally I am having a great day off. Jim and I had a terrific breakfast and then I read for the morning., finishing Anne Tyler's The Beginner's Goodbye. Ever since I read her Accidental Tourist many years ago, I have enjoyed her writing.  Recently I figured out how to borrow ebooks fom the library. Now I always have ten holds ahead,( the maximum) and a couple of works waiting to be read on my bookshelf. On this trip so far, I have read sue Monk Kidds,  the Invention of Wings (excellent) and February and of course, today's The Beginners Goodbye.

Then Jim and I changed into our bathing suits and headed for the beach. The waves were spectacular
And a little nerve wracking as they knocked you off your feet. We weren't in long before we decided we were cooled off and perhaps it would be safer on shore. Parts of the beach had red flags, presumably indicating that the surf was too strong to be out in.  Jim said that I was making quite a fashion statement.  "Why?" I asked. Well he said you are the only female on the beach in a one piece bathing suit except for a few bikini wearers who just neglected the top part.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive