Nova Scotia Artist, Joy Laking, posts ramblings while she's travelling and painting in South America.

Sunday, February 9, 2014

February 9, Vakara, India



Yesterday, Jim and I went to the city of Vakara. We didn't last long until we were ready to head back to the beach. Even crossing the street is so difficult, as horns beep and everyone seems to be coming ever which way.  Guess I just don't cross too many busy streets in Portaupique.


Lots of colours, smells and sounds mix to make a sort of frantic energy in the city.


While where we are staying is very touristy, it is also quiet and beautiful and relaxed.
We had another great fish supper last night.


My new cane has been very useful. Yesterday I took it to a shoemaker to get a leather tip over the slippery brass one. Today, it is at the drum maker getting repaired as the brass part that joins the two pieces of the cane together is very wobbly.  I fear that it will no longer come apart and be packable but hopefully it will be secure to use.

Every morning we watch fishermen while we are having breakfast.


And this morning on the beach


We also saw some wonderful yoga.  Hopefully once I am walking better, I will be able to bend and stretch and stand on one foot again!



One more day of vacation, and then it's back to the hard work of seeing India!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive