Nova Scotia Artist, Joy Laking, posts ramblings while she's travelling and painting in South America.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Second post for february 13



This morning I posted a word picture that I had been working on for a few days.
To catch you up with the day to day stuff:
Last night I attended an incredible cooking class.


I learned how to chop- very finely


I learned how to grate fresh coconut


How to grind the spices


How to make a nifty Indian bread.


Here the finished meal I made


Here!s my wonderful cooking teacher, Asha, and her two kids.

Then today we went to the national tiger reserve. While waiting for the boat, I put my pack down.
A psycho monkey decided that it was his pack! He jumped on me twice!!


We also saw wild pigs


Lots of elephants


Including this one doing elephant paddle


We saw bison


Deer and birds


As we were motoring along looking for tigers ( didn't spot one) the people ahead of us were laughing and carrying on. I thought that if we were going to see a tiger they should be very quiet. Suddenly I was reminded of a story my Grandpa loved to tell.  One day he and my uncle Alec and my auntie Martha and my Grandma were all out in a row boat fishing on Sparrow Lake. My Grandma and her sister were laughing and enjoying themselves. My Grandfather told them that they woun't catch any fish if they weren't quiet. Suddenly on both sides of the boat big muskies were on my auntie Martha's line AND on my Grandmas! The quiet fellows never caught a thing.  

Then I though that everyone from this story is dead and probably no one else but me knows my Grandpa's story. What would he think if he were alive and could see me out in a boat in India watching wild elephants and thinking about his story!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive